At the end of the course the participant will be able to efficiently identify and prepare fire fighting equipment and demonstrate their ability to use the equipment safely and correctly.
They will also demonstrate their ability in evacuating a building when smoke filled as well as following correct evacuation procedures and identifying hazards, which might cause a fire risk or impede an evacuation.
They will also understand the legislative requirements of managing fire safety in the work place.
- Human behavioural responses in fire/emergency situations
- Basic principles of fire safety and protection
- Theory and operating principles of fire extinguishing equipment
- Classes of fire
- Mechanics of fire spread
- Means of escape and evacuation procedures
- Fire risk assessments
- Fire legislation (workplace regulations and Fire Safety Order 2005)
- Movement in smoke